Do you ever go to bed thinking ” tomorrow I’m going to accomplish x, y and z?”, but then come morning you’re just not motivated to get stuff done?
I know it happens to me sometimes. So what do you do when you feel like this? Do you stay in bed and do nothing? Or you force yourself to get up but put in minimal effort? Do you take a self care day?.
- 8 ways to keep calm under stressful conditions
- Declutter: 6 things to declutter to live happier
- 10 toxic habits to quit immediately
- How to get your sh*t together right now
So how do you get over the urge to hide in your pillow fort all day? One word……. motivation. How do I become motivated when I just don’t want to do anything, you ask? Good question!. This post will give you a couple suggestions on how to go from hiding in your pillow fort to getting stuff done.
Of course you have the daily tasks you have to get done, the drab stuff you do every day. * to see some examples of the “boring” self care we pretty much do daily check out this post*
*Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, if you purchase something from it I may recieve a small commission at no extra cost to you
What am I talking about when I say get motivated?
Well for one thing, you – A) have to get out of bed (or your pillow fort, no judgments). B) actually get stuff done. Yes, I know. A different post and I am yet again a buzzkill. …… This seems to be becoming a habit. Haha.
Okay, let’s get this started!
- When you get up make your bed. This one sounds like a no-brainer but it actually works. You are less likely to crawl back into bed if you’ve already made it.
- Get clean. Have a shower, wash your hair and face. (my favorite face care products are from Dermalogica)
- Get dressed. I don’t care what anyone says. Pajamas are not day clothes (unless you are sick). So put on actual clothes. I’m talking an outfit here. When you look better you feel better and in turn, are more motivated.
- Eat breakfast. I understand if you don’t want to have eggs and toast or something fancy. I’m not really a breakfast person either. You have to eat something. Even its it’s just a small thing of yogurt with a couple blueberries and a cup of tea. I shall tell you why. A) you don’t want your sugars to drop. B) your body needs energy. Being hangry is not very cute.
- Open your curtains or blinds. I’m talking actual sunlight here my peeps. Vitamin d grade stuff.
- Make a list. Know what you want to accomplish and write it down. This way you can see what you have to do throughout the day. Whether that be writing some blog posts, baking 6 dozen cookies, or juggling play dates, baby and me classes and trying to fit in a on the run coffee.
- Prioritize. You don’t want to overwhelm your self with 100 things to do in one day, take a breath and accomplish what NEEDS to be done first. If you don’t finish everything you wanted to don’t panic, there are plenty of days left.
What do I do after I’ve done everything?
Well first off, congratulations! That means you had a productive day. Treat your body and soul to some relaxation. Light a candle, open a book, listen to some music. Whatever makes you feel relaxed. If you’re a more energetic person that could mean going for a run. For lighter intensity yoga is really great.
If you still feel motivated you could write down what you need to do the next day or for the week.
What are some ways you help yourself get motivated? Let me know in the comments down below. If you enjoy my content don’t forget to subscribe to this blog so we can keep in contact <3
Till next time,