As you may have guessed by the title (see above) this post is about different ways you can practice self love and be productive in a world that is constantly telling people that they are not enough.
“Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.” – Katrina Mayer
Just a heads up, some of these suggestions will be cliche, but honestly that is because they have been known to actually help me personally.
- Selfcare for bad mental health days
- Quarantined? Try these selfcare ideas
- Laughing as a form of selfcare: Just laugh
Practice Self Love: Let’s get this list started
Here are 9 ways you can practice self love and in some cases be productive as well.
* this site has a affiliate, if you purchase from my Dermalogica link I may get a small commission*
1. Take a shower or bath. (Yes, it’s cliche but being clean always helps me feel better)
2. Do a face mask. A detox or hydration mask are perfect for times like this. Plus, who doesn’t love healthy looking skin? I really enjoy using the hydration mask and the sebum clearing mask from Dermalogica. Their products are vegan and highly concentrated so a little goes a really long way.
3. Read a book. Have a book you’ve been wanting to read a book thats just sitting on your shelf? Have you been eyeing a certain ebook online? (I’m looking at you Mind hunter). Then treat yourself and read that damn book!
4. Enjoy a hot beverage. I don’t know about you guys but I find herbal tea so relaxing (Tetley has a lot of great and affordable teas). (Ask my husband, I have at least 20 different kinds of it in the cupboard).
5. Clean out your inbox. Cleaning out my emails makes me feel highly productive. Spend some time sorting your emails into folders, deleting ones you no longer need and unsubscribe to emails you no longer want to receive.
wait! There’s more
6. While you’re cleaning out your inbox why not respond to all those emails? I know some people let their emails pile up so why not conquer that pile, and respond to those emails.
7. Cook something new. If you’re anything like my husband than your go to is chicken fingers and fries. Why not take this chance to try something out of your comfort zone? Seen a recipe online that you thought looked amazing? Than give it a try!
8. Organize your closet. I know how mornings can be, rush, rush, rush. Why not give yourself a hand and have some outfits already set up?. Live in a place that gets seasonal conditions? Than organize your closet accordingly. With Autumn around the corner it will be sweater time.
9. Watch a movie or new show. Have you been eyeing that new movie on Netflix? Have a show you’ve been wanting to watch? Why not give it a go. You may actually enjoy it. If you have Disney + then I highly recommend “The Mandalorian” or “The Emperors new groove”
What do you do to practice self love? Let me know down in the comments below.
Till next time friends,