*TW: Even though this is a book unhaul it is still a mental health related post*
Hello! Be prepared to be shocked and horrified a book unhaul is upon us. Mental health for me personally seems to be touch and go. Example: I had 900+ books. Everytime something “negative” would happen I would automatically buy books to make myself feel better. Now I’m on the opposite end where seeing a full bookshelf causes me anxiety.
- My mental illness story: what I’ve learned
- Selfcare for bad mental health days
- What is Grounding and how can it help you?
- 6 things to declutter to live happier
Just for a reference for how bad my binge spending was check out this Instagram post: Mental Health binge spending
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, that means if you purchase off one of them I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you
Mental health book unhaul: the gifted ones
Starting off with this books that I unhauled. They were ones I either had ebook copies for, or was no longer interested in reading them.
Time to unhaul some books! Let’s see whose up first shall we..
- Percy Jackson and The Lightning Theif by Rick Riordan
- Eliza and her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
- Mean Girls by Micol Ostow
- A mad zombie party by Gena Showalter
- Legend by Marie Lu
- The Huntress by Kate Quinn
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- If I was your girl by Meredith Russo
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristof
- The lost hero by Rick Riordan
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
- Percy Jackson and the Titans Curse by Rick Riordan
- The Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter
- Love walked in by Marisa De Los Santos
- Autoboyography by Christina Lauren
- Blue lily, Lily blue by Maggie Stiefvater
- Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
- Unseen by Lisa Jackson
- Tell me by Lisa Jackson
- Devious by Lisa Jackson
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Wrapped in Skin by Mark Morris
- Twilight by Stephanie Myers
- New Moon by Stephanie Myers
- Girl, Women, Other by Bernardine Evaristo
- My sister, the serial killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite
If any of these books interest you head on over to the “>kobo website and see what they have for ebooks. (You get $5 off your first order, which could get you a couple sale books or make a bigger pricetag look smaller). They also have free ebooks.
My hope is that they help bring someone joy and maybe cure their boredom for a bit.
The books were placed in my apartment buildings front lobby where I made a makeshift free library. I was surprised at how excited some people were to see free books, it makes me happy knowing they will be enjoyed.
*When we checked last night the box had 5 books left in it so I filled it back up. I didn’t take note of which books went in on the 2nd or 3rd unhaul, my bad*
The finished product
How this mental health book unhaul helped my anxiety
Looking at my bookshelf now, I can breath. It no longer feels overwhelming. I didn’t realize how much anxiety it was actually causing me before I did this book unhaul.
I realize that doing something like this may sound completely bonkers to some but just the act of decluttering, sorting, organizing and unhauling helped my mental state.
Have you ever done anything like this? What helps you manage your mental health? Let me know down in the comments below.
Till next time,